Monday, February 3, 2014

Thing 15: App-palooza

I do not have a Smart phone, nor do I have access to iPads. I did, however, read many of the articles and clicked on links to view how the Apps work. I started with "Library in Your Pocket". My students use Destiny, Easy Bib and Gale resources, so those Apps may apply to my students. We do have a Bring Your Own Device program in our school that has been approved for individual teachers/ classrooms. It has not been approved for the library, however, because of the space my students occupy and concerns about supervision. I am sure it would be okay for me to discuss the Apps, but students will not have access to the Wifi to download the apps while in school. I looked at the AASL Best Apps for Teaching and Learning. I passed along the information about Shakespeare in Bits-Hamlet to the English teachers. I printed and shared the Pedagogy Wheel linking Apps to Bloom's Taxonomy. This will help the teachers who do use devices in their classrooms to see what links to the standards. I read 43 Apps, Games and Websites and passed on the info about the Virtual Math Manipulatives Library to the chair of the Math department. I read Tools and Apps for School Libraries. I passed on the information of How to Make a Book Trailer to my district's librarians.I also printed out 100+ Google Tricks for Teachers and plan to use some of them with my classes that are using the library this week. This was not my favorite module, but I did learn some useful ways to use Apps in an education setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment